Monday 7 May 2012

MacKenzie bets on Rebekah Brooks' evidence to Leveson Inquiry bringing down David Cameron


In his Daily Mail column, former Sun editor Kelvin MacKenzie reveals he's bet on David Cameron being finished as Prime Minister by the end of November.

He writes: "I like a bet and sensed a killing was to be made when I saw a throwaway line in a Sunday paper. It said Rebekah Brooks, former chief executive of News International, was prepared to make public all the texts and emails sent between her and David Cameron.

"Considering what might be in this correspondence, I asked Ladbrokes to give me odds on Cameron not being Prime Minister by the end of November. At 10-1, I wagered £1,000.

"I always thought he would be a one-term premier; I didn’t realise he would be a half-term premier."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That would be the coolest thing to see :-)